Monday, September 3, 2007

To Disney World - Monday Mission

To Disney World
or MQ's Lament
sung to the tune of Part of Your World, from The Little Mermaid

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?
Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many princesses can one bedroom hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything
I've got dollies and stickers a-plenty
I've got storybooks and underwear galore
You want videos?
I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more

I wanna be where the princesses are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'
Walking around on that - what do you call it?
Right- Main Street!

Wearing plastic shoes, you don't get too far
Rides are required for fun and squealing
Monorail, Dumbo, It's a Small World -
they all sound so NEAT

Out where princesses walk, out where princesses run
Out where princesses stay all day in the sun
We'll catch a show - if we can go
To Disney World

What would I give if I could live out of this suburb?
What would I pay to spend a day at Disney World?
Don't need to fly, we could just drive
We could even pack our lunch in a cooler
Not too expensive, I'll donate my piggy bank
When can we go???

I'm ready to know what my friends all know
Walk up to the princesses and get some answers
I'll take a pen and get the autographs for which I yearn....

When's it my turn?
to stay out past dark, exploring the world's most famous amusement park?
Don't tell me no!
When can we go??
To Disney World


This post is part of the Monday Missions - This week's Mission is to write a post using a familiar tune, rewriting the lyrics. If you want to play along, put your info into my nifty little Mr. Linky widget below, and you should be all linked up (use your actual post, and not your basic blog address, so that in the future that post will always show up through the link. You also may want to put the title of your song/post after your name) And be sure to mention the Monday Missions in your post, and perhaps even link back to here, so people can check out the other songs.

**next week's mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post in the style of a Horoscope. Just giving you a chance to start thinking ahead!

Now, go check out the other songs. They're bound to be more brilliant than mine. ;)



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Very cute. Do princesses ride the monorail, by the way?

I put my link in Mr. Linky, but being unacquainted with his linkity ways, didn't realize that my name would be what's linked up. My post is called (I should have done laundry) Yesterday.

Thanks for putting this together!

Creative-Type Dad said...

LOL!

That's pretty good.

Jen said...

Very cute! Mine is up, too...

http://fiveforefun.blogspot.com/2007/08/song.html

Anonymous said...

that's great!

but i just have to say....thank you oh so much. "part of your world" is one of those songs that, once i hear it, i can't get rid of. it's going to be with me for days.

joy.

:)

Julie Pippert said...

LOL that's AWESOME!

Oh I feel even more intimidated. I might just do my diaper song LOL. Or wait until next week.

Julie
Using My Words

blooming desertpea said...

Hilarious but brilliant!

niobe said...

Very funny. And all too true.

S said...

So clever. And it is at times like these that I thank goodness that I was not blessed with a little girl.

(And man, it's too too bad that I didn't know about Mister Linky when I was trying to link up all those poems this weekend. But thanks to you, now I do!)

Mad said...

What fun. We're still in training wheels--at the ballerina stage--but I know the full-on princess experinece is just around the corner.

Good job.

Julie Pippert said...

Okay...I took my own stab at it, so to speak. ;)

Girlplustwo said...

you guys are all so creative. i couldn't pull it off.

sigh. lovely.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Dude. Take the kid to Disney World!

Jennifer said...

So funny! And so, so creative. Mine is quite primative, when compared to the masterpieces I'm reading!

And yes, I'll have Part of Your World in my head for the rest of the day, but that might be better than having Jingle Bells in my head, which is the (lame, easy) song I picked. *grin*

Thanks for doing this!

ewe are here said...

Extremely cute. :-)

Christine said...

dude--our girls would SO get along!

this was so creative you smart cookie!

Anonymous said...

Oh very good! However, I think I'm a wee bit too late.
Best wishes

carrie said...

That's good! Katie would love to join your little princess -- in fact, I think she has the same dress up outfit!

And, so glad you all are okay after the storm! :)

Bea said...

I read Cinderella to the Pie this weekend for the first time. In my children's literature classes when I teach the traditional fairy tales we always discuss feminist complaints about the Prince Charming stories, but I'll confess that I didn't really see the point until now. That manic gleam in the Pie's eyes is just frightening. I can see it already: she wants that dress, she wants to fall in love. Yikes!

OhTheJoys said...

Oh, the princess. Rooster's not there yet, but i see it coming!

Anonymous said...

Zachary used to like to dress up as a princess, but now he's too busy being Spiderman...

Very well done!

Amy Y said...

I want to go to Disney World too!! :)
What a fun, creative post!

Emily said...

Adorable! Great job. Come to think of it, I want to stay up past dark and get some answers, too.