Monday, January 21, 2008

under the wire Monday Mission

The following are the nominations for BEST WAY TO SPEND A DAY WITH NO WHERE TO BE (particularly when it's been months since you've had one):
- Sleeping In
- Never getting out of your pajamas
- Making chocolate chip cookies
- Reading with a cat in your lap
- Playing whatever your daughter asks you to play (even if it is Webkinz)
- Not monitoring any one's TV time
- Getting things done you've been putting off for far too long
- Reading blogs
- Cuddling in bed with your daughter in the middle of the afternoon, at her request
- Finally coming up with a post for your own stinking Monday Mission

(see post below for other Monday Mission submissions. Next week your mission is to write a post in the style of a children's poem or book)

added on tuesday: This mission was in honor of the Oscar nominations, which were announced this morning. There was a time when I would have seen just about every movie nominated in every category, except perhaps the shorts and a few of the foreign films. I just looked over the whole list of nominees, and have seen TWO, a mere, measely TWO, of the movies on the list: No Country for Old Men and Sicko (both excellent). Oh how I long for the theatres around here to show movies in the late morning, so I can catch them before MQ gets out of school.

26 comments:

S said...

i think "never getting out of your pajamas" might just win. ;)

Cafe Mommy - said...

Right back at'cha! It's almost like you were right here! These are all of the things I did today, sanz the cat. And when I felt guilty about taking a nap with my baby boy I thought..I never get to do this in the middle of the day!To these good days when nothing at all gets done, except the important things!!

JCK said...

Never getting out of your pajamas while eating chocolate chip cookies and then taking a nap. Glad the show went well!

Anonymous said...

That does sound lovely.

Family Adventure said...

Heh. Something tells me that the last nomination on your list wasn't your fave?? But you still managed to get it done, with a whopping 38 minutes to spare :)

Heidi

Run ANC said...

Sounds heavenly, although I would need to go out for coffee.

ewe are here said...

Sleepin in, Pajamas all day, heavenly ideas. Sigh.


Back to reality: I have tagged you with a Meme that I think you might enjoy putting together. :-)

Jen said...

Oh, I'm with you on ALL those items, except, I'm embarrassed to admit, the playing thing - I'm so lucky to have a boy because I've never liked dolls, polly pockets, etc., etc.

thailandchani said...

I think I might have to go with "reading with a cat on lap"

That works. :)

Victoria said...

Mmm...sleeping in. Sleeping in should always be #1 on any list. =)

Rima said...

I love all of those. Except webkinz - I'm not even really sure what those are.

I think you always do a good job with the Monday Missions, PM. It has got to be hard coming up with one every single week!

Chrissy said...

Sleeping in is by far the best thing on the list. I think that coincides with 'not monitoring any one's TV time', at least at my house.

Glad you took a day off.

Julie Pippert said...

Excellent list.

Badness Jones said...

YOu've made me long for a day with nothing to do and nowhere to be....sigh.

Anonymous said...

And then there is what I did today -- did not leave the house all day because I was reorganizing the darned book. I like your suggestions better.

Emily

Kat said...

Oh, it sounds like the perfect day. I'm all for lounging around in my pj's all day. Ahhhh.

PunditMom said...

Webkinz! AARRGGHH!! ;)

Mary Beth said...

Were you peeking in on us on Sunday? Take out everything with children and substitute a bottle of advil and you're there, complete with chocolate chip cookies, thanks to Helen:)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Good list PM. But why is it I have the only cat in the universe who will not sit on my lap! ARRRGGHHH.

the dragonfly said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

And about the movies...mostly, over here, I watch movies via Netflix. Which means I probably haven't seen *any* of the movies. (I haven't looked at the list yet, it's been a weird day.) *sigh* It's just as well, since the award show won't start until after midnight, unless I watch the taped version the next day...

Girlplustwo said...

where can i get a day like this?

Christy_jebsgirl said...

I did the top three yesterday, does that count for anything?

Luisa Perkins said...

A movie theater like that would be BRILLIANT. I think you could make big money.

Melissa said...

We did a couple of those on our day off, too. Great list!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

well, at least you've seen the Oscar nomination list which is more then I can say AND you actually have an excuse for not having seen those movies :)

Karen MEG said...

Clever, very clever indeed!