Sunday, January 20, 2008

Brain on strike

Apparently my brain is standing in solidarity with the writer's strike, because I have nothing to offer in the way of this Monday's Mission, which is to write a post in style of award nominations. I know it's only Sunday, but I try to post mine on Sunday to get the ball rolling and to provide you a place to put your links. So there is hope of my brain strike ending by the end of the day Monday, and if that happens, I will be sure to post the results. So please, there's no picket line to cross here, write your own Monday Mission post and inspire me, will ya? Or maybe a good night's sleep will do it.

(by the way, the show went fairly well this weekend, and Friday night I found that a late evening at a Martini bar with some fabulous new friends from the show was just the thing to cure my ills. MQ woke up feeling better the next day, and all is well. thanks for all your lovely and kind words)

18 comments:

S said...

glad you had a good time fri. evening! and that MQ is better.

Family Adventure said...

Sounds like a much better weekend, all in all. There's nothing that a martini or three can't cure, right?

Have a good Monday,

Heidi

Candygirlflies said...

Oh, count me in, the next time you hit that martini bar... sounds like it was "just the ticket".

Glad also that MQ is feeling so much better!

xo CGF

Kat said...

Well, I posted my nominees. It is a sad little post, but I am tired and sick, so that's all I got.
So glad everyone is feeling better and that the show went well.

Chrissy said...

Glad everything is looking up for you this morning.

Don Mills Diva said...

I'm finding it hard to function in general as this strike goes on. We both work in the industry and the stress is piling up...

Beck said...

My brain feels all sluggish and weary today, too. I think it's January.

Anonymous said...

Damn. I ignore my reader for three days and I miss all the juicy stuff! Glad the MQ is feeling better, and glad that you had some fun with some friends after all.

Mary Beth said...

Glad the show went well and that the MQ is feeling better. Good luck with the brain strike - I feel like that every Monday morning:) Hope the rest of the week is better.

I linked for my nominee.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your brain strike is shorter than the writers' strike.

Mad said...

If it's any comfort, I thought about this mission for a bit too and came up blank.

flutter said...

glad to hear MQ is on the mend!

Keeping It Real said...

I'm not really missing anything as a result of the writers' strike. I usually only watch shows that are in rerun -- still trying to catch up with Law & Order episodes I missed when I used to work nights.

I will be checking back, though, to see if your brain stalemate ends.

Jen said...

I'm with Beck - it's the January mud slug time.

imbeingheldhostage said...

The bright side-- this gives me time to catch up on your older posts without missing anything new:-) Hope you got that good night's sleep!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Well I'm glad MQ is feeling better. My brain has been on strike for about 2 years now, so don't worry about it! :)

Kyla said...

Me, too. My brain has shut down all non-essential functions. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that worked out! All week I kept trying to think of a letter -- but I think my brain froze -- at the lake... Nothing.