Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Freigraf holding auditions for unusual musicians

I've been tagged by the lovely wooly gal over at Wherever Ewe Go, There Ewe Are for the album cover meme. Which is quite fun. Follow these rules to create your own album cover:


The first title on the page is the name of your band.

The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. Finally, click on this link: http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. You then take the pic and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your picture.


********
I think my band is destined for stardom, and way better than the band "syke" that I dreamed of forming when I was a child. Here is our album:


Freigraf is currently holding auditions. As this band and album are by-products of other activities (like blogging) it seems only fitting that I audition you, my fellow bloggers. The hook of the band, of course, is that we make music out of non-musical things (by-products of other activities... get it??). So if you have a talent for making your keyboard sing or your mighty winds blow or any other sound that may fit in to this eclectic album of cover songs (ranging from musical theatre to hard rock) please leave me a comment, and I'll contact you for an audition.

And I think I may just have a knack for this designing covers thing, so I decided it would be fun to look at some of the CDs in my collection, and propose some updated covers for them. What do you think?

(steal this meme! I'd love to see what albums you come up with!)

37 comments:

thailandchani said...

Very clever! I would steal the meme but I don't know how to put the names on the pictures! LOL

So.. I'm a Luddite, among many other significant attributes. :)

See you in a couple of weeks!

the dragonfly said...

Ha! I love the Barenaked Ladies cover...I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture somewhere before. :)

Family Adventure said...

I love this meme, what both ewe and you can up with.

Heidi

Bea said...

Not the point, I know, but look how incredibly cute that blue-and-green paint combo is. And built-ins! I'm drooling over the built-in.

Anonymous said...

You are having way too much fun over here. Keep it up.

niobe said...

Ooooo....great meme. And I love the album covers.

Jen said...

Can I be the girl in the band who shakes the tamborine? Such a great band job.

Have I mentioned before that I love the color palette in your house? I think I have...

Rima said...

I would totally buy your album. But I think my favorite is the cover for "OU812."

niobe said...

And I am so stealing this meme. Thanks!

Don Mills Diva said...

I got tagged for this meme too - I love it! Maybe you should drive cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you over at my place, btw.

If you're still auditioning, I have a large variety of kitchen implements, if you're looking for a clangy, bangy percussive sound.

Luisa Perkins said...

LOVE. IT!

Kat said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Magpie said...

I have a plethora of harmonicas, slit drums, jangly things and many flutes with and without keys.

Beck said...

Oh my gosh, that's funny. My friend Bonnie did it this morning, too:
http://mothernaturebond.blogspot.com/2008/01/could-you-be-rock-star.html

Beck said...

Oh my gosh, that's funny. My friend Bonnie did it this morning, too:
http://mothernaturebond.blogspot.com/2008/01/could-you-be-rock-star.html

Mary Beth said...

Such creative covers - when my band takes off, I'm getting you to do the cover art:)

Candygirlflies said...

Hi, PM-- there's a little bit of "bling" waiting for you over at my blog...

xo CGF

Kyla said...

AWESOME! I did mine today and I am just loving watching this one make the rounds.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

I'm really enjoying watching what everyone else is coming up with too.... love your other covers.

ewe are here said...

Oooh, I like your album. I can play the bottles ... I like to blow across them to make silly noises.
:-)


And Barenaked Ladies is my favorite cover below.

Victoria said...

Perfect!!

Jennifer said...

Those are fantastic! And the photo for the Enya album is amazing. LOVE.

Jen said...

These absolutely ROCKED! Made my day!

Anonymous said...

How cool is this? This is very cool!

Anonymous said...

How cool is this? This is very cool!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

OH my PM. This was freaking AWESOME! I so love that Indigo Girls cover. Tee hee hee.

Run ANC said...

Rock on! I love Lapse of Reason.

Mad said...

I'm loving these everywhere I see them.

BTW, I scrolled down to see the other comments on you accent post and to see if you had offered insight on the rules pertaining to two languages on stage but GASP it's gone. How come?

Unknown said...

That is seriously awesome!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Great idea. I wish their were more days for me to do all of these things you (and ewe) manage to come up with.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Wow. Where did you find the time to do all of that?!?!? Cool.

Don Mills Diva said...

BTW - I tagged you over on my blog too - come see!

Anonymous said...

Painted Maypole -- you do have a knack for this!!! My fav is the Cure, All Mixed Up!!!

Thank you...

Keeping It Real said...

You may have found your calling.

Creative-Type Dad said...

LOL! These are great.

That Enya one makes me very afraid...

carrie said...

That was awesome!

Especially the Indigo Girls one!