Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love Will Keep us Together

When I woke up this morning, You Were on my Mind. Or Maybe you were on my stomach. Holding a handmade card. I thought "She loves me, yeah, yeah, yeah." The card confirmed it. You loved me lots. How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you). You gave me a great big Kiss. You snuck in some Butterfly Kisses. I must admit that Love is a Many Splendored Thing. Even still, I wished that All I have to do is Dream. But it was Sunday, so we were Goin' to the Chapel for worship. Why am I always so tired in the mornings, when at midnight I'm feeling like I Could Have Danced all Night? Fortunately all morning I could have told you that A - You're Adorable. You even gave me Candy. In the afternoon I watched you get on your Dancing Queen in the living room. You were the Life of The Party when we took you to a graduation crawfish boil.

But Some Enchanted Evening it was not. What happened to that Sweet Child of Mine? She apparently decided to drive me Crazy.

I phoned my mom. "I Just Called to Say I Love You," I told her. But suddenly it was like You Dropped a Bomb on Me. But not just One. It was a bombardment of stuffed animals. Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? I asked you to Stop! in the Name of Love. But you did not Listen. You insisted that you "Ain't Misbehaving". (Don't Give Me) No Lip (Child)! Why You Want to Treat Me So Bad? Don't you know that When You're Good to Mama, Mama's good to you... but when you're not? Well, there are Consequences. I sent you to your room. You thought this was a Severe Punishment. But I finished my chat in Peace.

Later you were Splish Splashing in the bathtub. I was trying to wash that dirt right out of your hair. I did not suggest Let's Get Soaking Wet. Once again I asked you to Stop. But You Won't Listen. Water continued to Rain on Me. I told you there would be no Bedtime Story. You were Pouting Like a Baby.

Sometimes I feel like You Give Love a Bad Name. But no one is Perfect. There is always Forgiveness. Tomorrow is another day. We Can Start All Over Again. Until then, I wish you Sweet Dreams.

_______________
This has been a Monday Mission. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post filled with Song Titles. If you do, please post a link in the widget below:



And if you participate, you can link back here with this button.


Join us for future Missions!
5/18- a discussion between characters/bloggers/historical figures. Mad did this brilliantly, and I thought it would be fun to imagine a conversation between characters from different sources.

5/25- a "What I did on my summer vacation" essay. Yes, before summer vacation.

12 comments:

Mad said...

A Day in the Life, as it were. This was a FUN mission, Maypole. Fun, fun, fun.

BTW, MadDad has done his casting and M's favourite sitter is going to be the Painted Maypole in Midsummer.

imbeingheldhostage said...

perfect. my head is spinning (you know how the mention of one song gets your mind singing-- I have an entire juke box selection going off at the same time now).
GREAT MM idea and example.

Anonymous said...

There are quite a few songs here I don't know.

I was overwhelmed by the possibilities, but thought I might tackle the mission by imposing some rules on myself - such as only using songs in my iPod.

kayerj said...

wonderfully creative--I loved it. I'm not feeling very creative today. Too much on my plate :)

Melissa said...

Very fun. And I actually played today!

ewe are here said...

Very creative and fun!

Ella Preuss said...

I'll give this a try! looks like fun! I don't promise excellent posts, but I'll do my best :)

Emily said...

FABULOUS!

Ella Preuss said...

READY! go over to my blog and read my post! :)

E said...

Very clever...Your Monday Missions are the best in bloggy world!

alejna said...

That was fun!

I still want to put one up, but I'll have to opt for the more flexible definitions of "Monday." (Maybe by Friday, which is what I did last time I managed a MM post.)

Magpie said...

This is totally fun.