Sunday, May 24, 2009

a great reckoning in a little room

Because I love a good theme, we've settled on Marlowe for the name for the new kitten (see previous post below for all the cute pictures!) We didn't even have to have a tiered voting system. Rather, I just had to win over the May Queen, and once I had her on my side all was won!

Suggested first by Emily of Wheels on the Bus, the moment I saw the name I knew it was THE ONE. Several other people came up with it, too.

Christopher Marlowe was a playwright at the same time as William Shakespeare, and died in a barroom fight. There are conspiracy theorists who believe he faked his death and then went on to write as William Shakespeare (I am not one of them). In the movie Shakespeare in Love he is played by Rupert Everett.

So now we have two kitties: Shakespeare and Marlowe.

_______________
Join my for our last Monday Mission before our summer Hiatus - write a post in the style of a "what I did on summer vacation" essay.

9 comments:

kayerj said...

He is adorable and the name is perfect. the summer hiatus will be nice--but I am looking forward to continuing. This is the most challenging meme I play, I like having to make my brain work. Thanks for being a great hostess. I appreciate it.

Woman in a Window said...

A good solid name for a tiny little thing.

MARY G said...

A great name! And I agree with you; the man could never have written Shakespeare's masterpieces. That is one of my favourite movies.

Amy Y said...

That's great!

Barrie said...

I like those names! Our poodle is named Dorothy. Totally fits her.

Jen said...

I kind of thought you might settle on Marlowe. I think I misspelled his name, though. Some English teacher I am.

Of course there's the added factor that he was really Kit Marlowe ;-)

alejna said...

Marlowe is a perfect name! I love it.

Somehow, I've gotten really behind in my blog reading again. I have to go back and see the kitty pictures!

thirtysomething said...

Marlowe is perfect! I love it, and it suits her. MQ sure is growing, isn't she?!

Anonymous said...

it was just so obvious to me :) glad you chose it.