Friday, November 30, 2007

a sharp intake of breath

I was driving home from rehearsal Thursday night, keeping myself awake as I crossed the 24 mile long (very boring!) bridge alone (no high school students to chauffeur in this cast) by getting down to some old school Prince. Seriously. Singing and, as much as possible while buckled into the seat of my minivan, dancing. And I looked out the window and gasped. The moon was just a bit over the water, a shocking orange against the night sky. It was stunning. And I nearly missed it while breaking down to Sexy MF.

Then tonight it happened again. I was driving on the bridge, this time on my way to rehearsal, and I gasped. The car in front of me? It's license plate? Had a SHARK on it. I may have to move to Florida just so I can get me one of those.

************
Don't forget that this upcoming Monday Mission is to write a post in the style of a High School note. See if you can pass it to me without the teacher seeing it, OK?

And rehearsals are going pretty well. Everyone was very impressed when I did my first scene and said all my lines in all the right places and in the proper British accent. You would think these people had never met a real actress before. No, I jest. Anyhow, they love me, it's fabulous. Everyone has been very nice to me, and I think it's going to be a fun run.


16 comments:

the dragonfly said...

The Florida license plate has a shark on it??! That's new, and way cool!

Glad rehearsals are going well, and that you're having a good time. I've heard you with an Irish accent, but I don't think I've ever heard you with a British accent. Fun stuff. :)

Julie Pippert said...

Hey that's great about rehearsals and everyone being all impressed (of course!).

And wow, aren't those moments when you wish you could snap a photo?

How cool.

Julie
Using My Words

Badness Jones said...

The high school note may be a thing of the past....don't kids today just text each other?!

Candygirlflies said...

Hah! TOO FUNNY, because as soon as I read that you were singing along to Prince, I thought, "I hope it was Sexy MF!! MY FAVOURITE!!" That song makes me laugh out loud every time!!

Glad the show's going well-- Bite em in the a$$!!

xo CGF

Rick said...

My first girls friend, way back in 1st grade, was the result of some note passing. She was at one end of the row and I was at the other. Every kid in the row read the note before it got to me. And then the same when I answered. There's just no privacy in 1st grade.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Family Adventure said...

They *better* love you -- don't they know a famous Italian director was so enamored by you, he begged you to run off with him?!

Have a super weekend!

Heidi

Rima said...

A British accent?

You continue to amaze, PM. But the image of you crossing a 26 mile long bridge jamming to Prince and looking at a Harvest Moon makes me a little twitchy. Keep your eyes on the road, will ya?

Mary Beth said...

We were driving the other day and saw the moon rising before the sun set so that it was a white disk in the sky. As it got dark, the moon just got brighter and brighter! Very wintery.

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh don't you just love moments like that, when you want to say "Well thank you Lord for that Moon. It was just lovely"

And how wonderful that they love you. Isn't that a great feeling. I would love to hear you do your Brittish accent. The man and I walk around doing phenomenally bad accents all the time. I am in awe of those who can actually nail them.

thirtysomething said...

Those kind of moments are what it is all about when it comes down to it really.
As for you, what an intesting and fun life you lead my friend!Looking forward to hearing more about your part in the play and how it goes.

S said...

When, oh when, are you going to upload some video so that we can see you act? Commercials, plays, operas, no matter!

Think about it, 'kay?

Don Mills Diva said...

I have never seen that Shark plate. I remember playing the licence plate game when we drove to Florida as kids - this post totally made me think of that.

Jennifer said...

There is no better song for a car jam than Sexy MF. Get down, PM!

Woohoo for you on the play!

I can't wait to read the Monday Missions -- fun one!

Kyla said...

Oh, this Mission Monday sounds like fun, I might have to play along.

"Anyhow, they love me, it's fabulous." Perfect line.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

How can they NOT be impressed PM?

niobe said...

The license plate in front of me this morning said "ALANIS." Not nearly as interesting.