Friday, November 9, 2007

An actual stage direction I've been given

Scene: The chorus members for an opera have assembled on stage, getting ready for the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2 of L@ Travi@ta. The curtain is closed. Cast members stand about, fidgeting with their costumes, smoothing down their hair. Two women are sitting center stage, one leaning into the other's arms. The director is bustling about, giving last minute directions at this final rehearsal. He is about to leave the stage when he pauses, and looks intensely at the 2 women center stage.

Director: SEX!!

The director dashes out through the curtain. The orchestra begins to play and the curtain opens. The two women center stage are trying hard not to laugh.


This is a friendly reminder to start thinking about your Monday Mission post. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post as a script/dialogue. Use your imagination. Come back here on Monday and leave a link to your post. And read the post I am working on for that day, which, if I am brave enough, will have a similar cast of characters.

15 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Ha! That's too too funny!!!

Christine said...

I am too dorky to write a screen play--but good topic for MM.

Hey--just caught up and left comments on the posts below . . .

Julie Pippert said...

LOL!

You know, I just might be up for that mission!

Julie
Using My Words

S said...

That is a great story!

Be Inspired Always said...

Wonderful story.


Jillian

Aliki2006 said...

I'll really look forward to the Missions this week!

niobe said...

Too funny.

SusieJ said...

What a life you lead!

Jennifer said...

That sounds like my husband's stage direction some nights. Hee. What fun!

Ms. Skywalker said...

Darn. I'd have saved my last screenplay post for tomorrow if I'd known this.

Cause I'm lazy like that.

Victoria said...

*Giggle* I'm with Jennifer - my Husband's given me that direction. =)

Hope it's going great!

Kat said...

Oh yipes. That might be a tough one for me. I'm not a screenwriter for a reason, ya know. Maybe I'll give it a whirl.
Love your reminder!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Now THAT is hilarious! I so wish I could see this play.

Unknown said...

I actually saw the play version of this opera-- was invited to attend by a guy I was seeing-- and went with a female friend-- boy was I surprised when he not only appeared on stage nude-- but kissed another guy- and seemed to enjoy it-- ( good actor) I never told my friend which guy was the one I was seeing...

b*babbler said...

That's too funny. How they ept from laughing, I'll never know!