Sunday, December 7, 2008

Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too*

Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too
sit on my waist like a pile of goo
"Go away!"
"Be Gone"
"What can I do
with Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too?"

Iggle loved chocolate and Jiggle drank brew
and Wiggle ate peanuts and mulligan stew
as larger
and larger
and larger they grew
Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too

Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too
Over my waistband, I can't see my shoes
"Work out!"
"Step up!"
"Pilates, too"
farewell Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too

Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too
Can someday be "those blokes I knew"
banished
forever
by a Wii Fit so new
Old Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, Wiggle Me too


*with apologies to the incomparable Shel Silverstein

____
This post is a Monday Mission AND an entry to win a Wii Fit, because the home elliptical machine is getting boring and unchallenging, and I can't make regular dates with a workout buddy, but if I had an accountability partner hooked up to my television... surely Iggle Me, Jiggle Me, and even Wiggle Me, too would flee in fear. Or at least iggle, jiggle and wiggle a bit less.

This week's Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post in the style of a poem (a favorite of Mary G from back when I was just reading the Missions and not hosting them!)

if you are feeling poetic, place a link in the widget below:




upcoming missions:
12/15 - a song (rewrite the lyrics to a familiar tune) - one of my favorites
12/22 - a Letter to Santa (this is not a nostalgic mission, but Joy suggested it and I couldn't resist.)
12/29 - no Mission - see you next year!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice entry for the contest. I already have one of those and they are big fun. Still don't use it enough though. And considering the subject of my poem, I probably should. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey. Do your weigh-in tomorrow and start then. Get rid of Iggle and Wiggle :)

JCK said...

You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

this is great. and I am needing some inspiration. Hors d'oeuvres have been attacking me from all angles.

ewe are here said...

Very inspirational. :-)

And I love Shel Silverstein.

Kat said...

Haha! You are so clever! That is fabulous!

Although I saw the picture of you in the last post and it doesn't look like you have any goo to speak of. You are a hottie!

Rima said...

I think you're going to win! Very clever!

MARY G said...

All my jiggles are wiggling with laughter. Clever lady! I will now start to amend lyrics in my poor, Christmas list laden head.

the dragonfly said...

Hee hee! You made me laugh out loud again. :)

the dragonfly said...

Usually my Monday Mission posts are full of funny and giggles. Today I'm all serious and kind of depressing.

Sorry about that.

Woman in a Window said...

That is so much fun! Well done. Even Shel would like it!

Mad said...

OK, you totally deserve to win that Wii Fit. Totally.

Magpie said...

Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

You're my vote -- I love this!

Kyla said...

Oh, well done, you!

E said...

Darn...we would have come