Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"But trust me on the sunscreen:" Daily Gratitude 4

My husband and I had our first ever dermatological appointment today. We decided it was finally time to have that once over that everyone recommends... check the moles, check for sun damage, etc. My father and my paternal grandmother both had precancerous spots removed from their faces, so I have a family history.

The nurse joked that we should take our picture in our matching gowns and use it for our Christmas card (I had my camera in my purse, as usual. We could have. I suppose that would have made fun blog material).

Overall, the doctor seemed very pleased. He said our sun damage was minimal. He said we each had very few moles. He did remove one from my back, saying he wasn't particularly worried about it but it was right where my bra clasps, and he worried it would be bothersome. I've had it forever. He removed one from hubby's back, too. He didn't give the bra excuse on that one. He's having them both checked, but said he wasn't worried about them, they looked fine.

I'm grateful for sunscreen. I'm grateful for dark complexion. I'm grateful that the doctor was on time, friendly, and efficient. And if we haven't heard from that doctor within a week? I'll be really grateful that our moles got a clean bill of health.

8 comments:

S said...

absolutely something to be grateful for

Kyla said...

I'm glad it seems you are both in good health!

kayerj said...

It's nice to have good news.

Aunt Becky said...

Hooray for sunscreen!

Rima said...

Ack. I should probably make a dermatology appointment. But I'm glad your moles checked out!

Jen said...

Good for you both! I'm grateful that I don't seem (yet) to have my father's and sister's genes. They both had melanoma and they both eventually died of cancers that may or may not have been related. (They survived the initial melanomas).

Yes, make that sunscreen your friend, and that dermatologist, too. And keep getting those skin checks - caught early, treatment is very doable!

Louise said...

Be VERY grateful for that dark complexion!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]twister wetter[b][/url]