Sunday, March 29, 2009

pack it up, pack it in

This is it.


I'm done.


It's over.


No more.


I can't do it.


I can't keep up.


It's too much.


Me and blogging?


We're splitsville.












__________________
This post has been a Monday Mission - write a post as an early April Fools. I'm kidding. I'm not quitting blogging (despite the evidential lack of posting lately). I'm not really sure who the joke is on, though... you, or me?

Write your own April Fools post and link it below. Unless you're trying to stealth fool us, of course.


Oh my... if we're talking April Fools than we must be looking at a new month. Egad. Where DOES the time go? Your missions for the month of April, should you choose to accept them, are to write posts in the style of

4/6 - Stream of Consciousness. I actually had this idea a few days before reading creative mother thinking's post. Then I read hers and thought, well, I must do this. If you've ever done the Artist's Way you're experienced with this (but please, you don't have to give us THREE pages worth...) Heck, if you've ever had two thoughts you're experienced with this, now all you have to do is type down those thoughts as they happen. Let us into your brains.

4/13 - a sympathy card

4/20 - a mathematical equation or proof. Because by this point I should be pretty well entrenched in rehearsals, and math will be on the brain.

4/27 - A May Day song or poem. I'm totally being greedy here. Help me celebrate the impending May Day. We are dancing around the Maypole, you know.

(by the way, do you recognize the song lyrics in the title?)

14 comments:

Kat said...

Good grief! You had me going for a second.
Whew! So glad you're staying! :)

Kyla said...

You know, I almost had a heart attack. You tricky thing you.

Rima said...

Don't scare me like that! Too many of my original bloggy friends have quit, and I can't take it!!!

Mary Beth said...

Not sure whether this will go over well or not, but my contribution is up:)

kayerj said...

you got me too! I don't sleep well at night so I actually read your post before anyone commented! I thought maybe you really had given up blogging--glad I was the fool, and you're sticking around. This was a fun one!

Anonymous said...

GASP! NO!

I have one coming up Wednesday that IS true but no one will believe.

No clue on the lyrics.

Furrow said...

Oh, that was mean. You had me going, you.

Beck said...

DUDE! That was mean!
Glad you're not quitting, though.

MARY G said...

DON'T YOU DARE QUIT!!!! What would we do without you?

For some weird reason, my Mr Linky is taking people to a very old post. Here is the proper link.
http://themsmysentiments.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-mission-announcement.html

alejna said...

Well, that's a relief!

(You know, I think part of why this was so effective is that most of us have probably had those same thoughts oodles of times. Speaking as one who just now can't keep up. Sigh.)

I miss playing along with the MMs, by the way. I'll come back and play again. Someday. Really.

E said...

You know I think about it. I want to write a book and I have a bunch of chapters, but I think I use blogging sometimes as an excuse.
This was effective because we all know that one day we will....just quit. Jennifer at Faking It comes to mind. I miss her writing but I sort of envy her in a weird way too.
Don't go yet. I am so not done with you

Run ANC said...

Wow. You totally had me going for a while. My heart just sunk.

(BTW, stop by my place. My most recent post might be a good idea for a Monday Mission. Well, if people are as nerdy as I am, that is...)

Chrissy said...

HA. you had me there for a minute. That was a good one!

Amelia said...

Oh my goodness. Stream of Consciousness. That is the perfect Monday Mission for one particularly word challenged blogger. I don't have to edit. I'm totally there.

And I am very glad that was an April Fool's joke. Hope you're here for a long time.