Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mish Mash Dash plus Monday Missions for March

We're barely home from Florida and The Big Guy and I are turning around and leaving again tomorrow. We had two free nights away in Biloxi that we needed to use before they expired, and with a show opening next week this was the time. So we took advantage of the fact that my parents are down south for the winter (helping with Gustav recovery a little over an hour away from us). They happily agreed to play doting grandparents while we sneak away. I haven't had a chance to even check back in with all of you, let alone get through the list I made of things I was "supposed" to do today.

When we return I dive directly into tech week for a show I haven't written about at all in this space. It's been difficult for several reasons, none of which need public broadcasting. It has been a drain on my time and energy, and will be at least until we open, and likely beyond. I don't have anything scheduled after this, and have been looking forward to some down time, some time to focus on other things. I have let several auditions go unattended, but now there's one this weekend I plan to attend, for a theatre I would love to work for, on a show I think I would greatly enjoy. There are mixed feelings there, about the time and commitment, exacerbated by my current feelings of hurriedness and discontent. And yet feelings of hope and possibility. There's a tricky magic to the putting on of a show, and sometimes the spell doesn't get cast just right. But when it does... well, it's why I keep going back for more.

Still, I think a couple days away with my honey is just what the doctor ordered.

_____________________
March Monday Missions:
Write a post in the style of:
3/9 - description of an amusement park ride/attraction
3/16 - Food label
3/23 - March Madness - playoff description
3/30 - an (early) April Fool's story

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a little honeymoon every once in a while is a wonderful thing. You certainly deserve it. Have fun.

Louise said...

I'm guessing your few days away will make everything all better! That is a VERY infrequent thing in our lives, but when it happens, I can't believe how much it helps every aspect of life.

MARY G said...

Hurriedness and discontent. Oh, yeah. When you don't have time to stop and savour the moment, or enjoy what you are doing because the next thing is looming.
I have said before how amazing you are to be able to do as much as you do, and to do it with such elan and style. You need to believe that!
I hope you have a relaxing two days and come back refreshed.

Kat said...

A little time away with the honey sounds like exactly what you need! Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Whew - I feel a little dizzy just reading. Go catch a break with hubby and good luck with your audition! (sending happy, er, theatrical thoughts...)

Woman in a Window said...

You make my head spin with all the motion. Hope the magic stays on your side!

Magpie said...

I hope you have a lovely time!

Mad said...

Hey, I did this MM a couple of years ago: http://madhattermommy.blogspot.com/2007/04/were-going-to-magic-mountain.html

Also, drop by tonight if you get a chance. I've got a thank you post up.