Friday, May 30, 2008

A Vote of Confidence

The other night I was cleaning up after dinner, getting ready to leave for church to practice with the Praise Team. The May Queen carried her plate in from the porch, where we had been eating, and this is what I heard her say:

"When you grow bigger, you should be a magician"

"When I grow bigger??"
I'm trying not to grow any bigger, thank you.

"You know, when you grow up even more than you are now, you should be a magician."
A magician?????

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you're good at music!"
Ahhh.... a musician.

"Well, thanks"

"And you should teach music!"

"I DO teach music. At the preschool."

"I know, but you should teach EVEN MORE."

9 comments:

Barrie said...

Out of the mouths of babes... :)

Once, when my youngest was in kindergarten, she told a playmate: "My mom doesn't have a job, but she sure does type a lot."

Kat said...

Aww. Isn't she a sweetie? That is too cute.

Amy Y said...

I just wanna squeeze her! :)

Amy Y said...

I just wanna squeeze her! :)

carrie said...

She is clearly an expert on the subject - you should totally take her advice! :)

Jen said...

That is beyond adorable!

Kyla said...

Haha! That is cute.

Woman in a Window said...

I'm afraid amy y might just squeeze her. She seems very determined... Yes, love these moments.

imbeingheldhostage said...

That is so sweet! Don't you love being held at such an elevation in her eyes?