Sunday, May 11, 2008

What kind of a visitor are you?

Before you are allowed to come to my home, I ask that you take this simple survey. Please answer true of false for each statement:

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

I want to see floors that shine like the top of the Chrysler building.

I will let my child eat pizza without a plate while sitting on the carpet even though plates are available, as well as a table and chairs.

A Place for Everything and Everything in it's Place.

I wear a lot of black, and cannot tolerate cat hair on my clothing.

Children should be seen and not heard.

I don't think it's at all rude to answer my cell phone while in your home, and then have a twenty minute conversation with someone else.

I will know what kind of person you are by peering into your medicine cabinet, or under your kitchen sink.

My children only have toys in their bedrooms, and they follow the rule "put it away before you get out something else to play with."

All tastefully decorated homes come in shades of beige.

I expect a hostess to wait on me.

My child does not understand that stickers and crayons are only used on paper, but I feel no need to supervise them while they are doing arts and crafts.

I have a habit of leaving exterior doors wide open.

Because my child is the guest, they should get to do whatever they want.

If you have answered TRUE to any of the above questions, I'm sorry, but the Maypole is closed for business. Maybe we'll see you at the park.

*****
This has been another edition of Monday Mission. This weeks mission was to write a post in the form a personality test (idea thanks to Emily, inspired by Alpha Dogma). Write you own test and leave me a link in the comments (I STILL haven't resolved the Mr. Linky issue. Sorry.) and I'll get them into the post.


Melissa has a Mother of a Quiz
Alpha Dogma is clearly at the top of the heap of the most recent Team Oprah applications after her expounded personality test

upcoming missions, should you choose to accept them, are to write posts in the style of:
5/19: a list of rules
5/26: a warning label

23 comments:

MARY G said...

I love our new look -- I've been meaning to say so for two weeks. Don't get around much, the last while.
I also love the personality test. Your take on it is hilarious, especially since I have a friend who was more than a bit like that. For her, you should add the question "I have Royal Doulton china figurines on low tables and I do not put them away when children are expected."
When the offspring outnumbered me, I stopped visiting.
Maybe I will get the d--n dresses done in time to do next week's challenge.
Hug!

MARY G said...

Your new look! ouch.

Chrissy said...

What about 'You let your toddler walk around with all sorts of sticky/crumbly food and make no attempt to corral them into a high chair'?

That's a dealbreaker for me.

imbeingheldhostage said...

This was so great! Until I got to the bottom and realized that I wouldn't be invited (you know everyone thinks I'm a freak when it comes to cleaning, right? But we still eat pizza on the carpet!).
I want to play too. But I can't get my head off of your list to come up with my own idea yet.

Angela DeRossett said...

Love it!!! I wish we were more of the 'neat freak' types but that's just not how we roll in this house. LOL I think we'd be great friends in real life!

blooming desertpea said...

Let me guess, you made all those experiences in your very house? Ouchy! :))

Aliki2006 said...

Love it!

Although I must confess I HAVE left exterior doors open on occasion (ashamed to say).

imbeingheldhostage said...

OK, I'm on now :-)

Jennifer said...

All false.

Can I come over now?!! ;)

JCK said...

What about...cleanliness is next to Godliness when someone else does the cleaning!! I SO wish I had a maid.

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

False to all of them, which means you are welcome in our home any time as well! I drew a blank this week, so I didn't play along :(

Jen said...

I'm right with you on all of these. Although I have to admit that I'm weeding, weeding, weeding out so that things are less cluttered, but that's just my issue and clutter has been part of my life always.

Kat said...

I think everyone should turn into a neat-freak when they are visiting someone else's home. It's just good manners.
Fun MM!

E said...

Okay so I am all clear. Now what's for dinner????

Beck said...

The good news is that we could totally hang out.

Tania said...

I'm good to visit! Is the second one a line from Annie?

Anonymous said...

Under the wire! I'm under the wire. 53 minutes left in Monday and I've completed my mission. W00t!!111!!!! Go me.

Anonymous said...

...well at least in my timezone.


(just noticed the time stamp on my last comment)

Emily said...

*snort*

I was just thinking about these same things this morning. Today is my husband's birthday. He wants to have a get together this weekend. He wants to invite one set of neighbors and not the other. Awkward.

The non viable neighbors have 5 kids, specifically, a 7 year old and a set of 5 year old twins who are HOLY TERRORS! I completely catered a neighborhood party last summer in exchange for having the gathering at their house instead of mine. The twins flung spatulas full of lasagna over the walls, ceiling, appliances, carpet, stairs, bathrooms, etc... And then proceeded to shatter glass cola bottles on the floor before flooding the kitchen.

I'd like to see the results of THOSE personality tests.

Kyla said...

My husband is the WORST at leaving exterior doors open. Once I came home and found the front door wide open, and BubTar was just a toddler then! ACK.

Run ANC said...

Truthfully? I really can't stand cat hair on my clothing. BUT..as a cat owner/lover, I've come to reluctantly accept it as a necessary evil.

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the survey. I think I need to give that to potential new friends.
And, hmmm. I think we share the same pet peeves.

b*babbler said...

Heh - can I come over? (and how about the kid that's allowed to pitch toys all around the house and screech mercilessly at the top of his lungs just to get a reaction?)

As a pet owner who once simultaneously owned afluffy long haired white cat, a fluffy Birman cat (looks like a Siamese with long hair), a dark grey cat and a Golden Retriever, there was no safe colour for clothing in our house. Hair came with the territory!

(We're down to just the white cat and the golden retriever. The other two live at my in-laws as they aren't such kid friendly cats. They are totally spoiled there. Just had to explain for any worried pet lovers out there.)