Friday, May 2, 2008

Crowning the May Queen

My May Queen
The May Day fete was a hit! The girls had a lovely time. There was dancing around the maypole, which actually lasted much longer than I expected as they did it over and over, until the pole would no longer stand upright (it's amazing what one can do with a broom handle, a tin pail and some ribbon, no?)





We enjoyed crafts and goodies.






The party continued with dancing in the backyard,


complete with a newly freed maypole.




And of course I had to get a picture of Painted Maypole and The May Queen for the blog....








If only The May Queen had cooperated.




And the virtual May Queen? I crown nomotherearthQueen o' the May! e-mail your address to pntdmaypole AT yahoo DOT com and I'll send you your floral crown! Congratulations!

24 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Looks like a blast (in your fab backyard, I must add). The girls are all just gorgeous, with those beautiful crowns and big smiles on their faces. What a celebration!

Heidi :)

Woman in a Window said...

What a fun photo. And it's moms like you who inspire me to be a more present and FUN mom!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely looking day, and the pretty dresses...sublime.

Anonymous said...

That does look lovely. I love the dresses, too.

And that picture of you and MQ is great!

Kyla said...

LOL! They can't be still for anything.

Looks like such fun!

Luisa Perkins said...

I thought about you all day yesterday, meaning to drop by and wish you a happy May Day! But the time got away from me. The photos are great.

Jennifer said...

How beautiful and what FUN! Happy, happy May Day (a day late) to you and your Queen!

Aunt Becky said...

What a lovely set of pictures! You all look absolutely gorgeous.

Amy Y said...

You both look so beautiful and I am glad to see a fun day was had by all!! :)

Alex Elliot said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the flower head pieces. Makes me want to go out and make one.

carrie said...

You two are so adorable!

Run ANC said...

Yahoo! I love being Queen!!

Emailing you..

JCK said...

Love the floral crowns! Looks like you both had a blast. Such a pretty May Queen!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom for doing all that work. And you all look so lovely in your very green yard. Ugh. Snow be gone NOW!

E said...

What a fun mommy you are. She will be remembering this forever and a tradition has been born....
Thanks for sharing Miss Maypole

Julie Pippert said...

That is so fabulous!

thirtysomething said...

How splendid! The May Queen had so much fun I can imagine!

Barrie said...

What a fun May celebration idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures... and you look awesome. What a great Mom to pull this off!

blooming desertpea said...

What a great party and of course, I missed it, hmmm!

Laski said...

Oh wow!!! What gorgeous photos!!! What a fun time. And that maypole--awesome!!!

Christine said...

you are just so beautiful!

Magpie said...

Those are way cute pictures!

Mad said...

You're right! This was worth the visit. She is spring personified.

Off to bed now.