1. Nowadays when anyone asks me if I want to do anything, I answer "no, I have to learn Italian." This is what trying to memorize an opera will do to you. But truly, I am not learning Italian. I am memorizing seemingly random syllables. In harmony. And that is much, much harder.
2. Fall is my favorite season. All you Northerners who are posting leaf pictures are filling my soul and making me extremely jealous all at the same time. But this week I finally got to break out the long pants and long sleeves.
3. Today we carved our pumpkins. I was the only person in my family brave enough to stick my hand in the pumpkin to clean it out, so I had to clean out all three pumpkins. And I made the holes WAY too small. So, here is my public service announcement, in case you haven't yet carved your pumpkins this year. Make the hole largish... and don't forget to angle it so that the lid will fit on top and not fall in (ahem).
4. For years whenever my daughter saw an image of the Statue of Liberty she would say "Look Mommy! It's YOU!" You can see why here and here
5. I hate reality TV, except that I was addicted to Grease: You're the One That I Want. I voted for Max and Laura. My husband laughed at me. You can laugh, too.
6. I have a polka dot bathroom. I love it.
7. I am trying to give up Soda (which I called "Pop" while growing up, but began calling Soda when I lived in Philly because I was tired of explaining myself and/or being made fun of). It is not going well.
I am going to tag 7 bloggers who are fairly new to visiting my blog. If you want to do this, then fabulous. If not... whatever. Tagging: Amanda at Nurses Rock, Heidi at Viking Conquest, Kathryn at Seeking Sanity, Just Seeking (at) 15 minutes of peace, Alex Elliot at Formula Fed and Flexible Parenting, Heidi at Hydes Like Us, and Victoria at Best To Keep Your Eyes Open (who's blog name reminds me of this random guy my best friend and I heard on the radio once, driving from NYC to Philly, who said "you have to keep your eyes PEELED" in the funniest voice, and that is the ONLY way I can say it now, and my daughter says it that way, too. So that is an 8th random fact for you, as a little bonus)
AND... as I went over to What Works for Us to grab the link for the meme, I discovered she had given me an award as well. Blush. I would like to thank the academy... er... whoever that might be, and just say "You Like Me! You Really Like me!"
This was started at the Sultana blog, who said, "I wanted the award to say - this is a person who reaches out and makes my blogger community a better one." At Cellobella’s request, I’ll email her (cellobella at gmail dot com) to add my nominee to her blogroll.
I am going to pass this award on to Jen M. at Get in The Car! who makes the blogging community and the world at large better through her always inspiring Philanthropy Thursdays. And when she's not changing the world (and often when she is) she's REALLY funny, too.
Whew. And finally... a gift. AGES ago Alpha Dogma wrote a letter to someone asking to be her new BFF, and I said that I wanted to be AD's new BFF, and she said OK, and that maybe we could wear friendship bracelets, and so I made us some bracelets. Finally. (this would have been much, much funnier about a month ago when I first intended to do this, but in case you missed random fact number one, I've been learning Italian, so back off, OK?) And AD, if you want to e-mail me with your address, I'll be happy to mail one to you, or, you can just wear the virtual version. Here they are:
And here I am making them.Tying them to your toe is the official camp way of making them. Trust me. Making them while watching Desperate Housewives and drinking wine is the adult twist on that old theme.