Friday, June 8, 2007

My newest comeback

Whew! VBS is over, and as luck would have it, the stars aligned and I even got to go out tonight. As I walked through the door this afternoon my husband (home recovering from knee surgery) says to me "I'd really like to go to see a movie. I'm going kind of stir crazy." Then, a few hours later, my friend calls and says "Hey, I know this is last minute, but do you want to see a movie tonight." Friend acts as babysitter go between and gets her daughter and friend to babysit, and even acts as chauffer and hauls our butts to the movie theatre. We marvel that this is the first movie we have seen since our vacation in January (we went to Florida, and the weather was so bad that rather than burning ourselves to a crisp at the pool, we froze ourselves into popsicles at the cinema). I had planned for an evening of relaxation, and although we thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Brooks, I could not exactly call it a relaxing film. However, I did get a good laugh out of it. Before the movie we were talking, and my husband was describing how on Monday, the first day of VBS, my daughter and I arrived at home at 2:30, to find my husband wasting away on the couch. It had not occured to either of us that with his crutches he could not feed himself. "I could only eat what I could put in my pocket," he whined. Beside him was an apple core and a banana peel. (Thanks to the fruit basket sent by his sister!) My friend replies "Have you ever created a baby inside your body? I didn't think so."

I love it. I am using it next time a man whines to me about anything.

No comments: