Sunday, September 27, 2009

Leisurely resume: Monday Mission

Painted Maypole

CONTACT: pntdmaypole AT yahoo DOT com

OBJECTIVE: To become a lady of leisure. I would be willing to start in a part time position.

EDUCATION: My back yard, the summers of 1974-1988. The summers of my childhood provided the best education in leisure. I was schooled by the best climbing trees, neighborhood friends, the sandbox and our family dog. I graduated with high honors.

RELATED EXPERIENCE:

Most of my experience is actually the OPPOSITE of leisure, but it has become increasingly clear to me that I need to pursue a new life direction. The times I have spent in leisure have been some of the happiest and most fulfilling in my life.

May 4, 2001
A late night alone in the backyard hot tub... just me, a glass of wine, and the stars above.

August 2, 2008
On a recent vacation to Cabo I enjoyed a glorious moment of leisure when for about half an hour someone else entertained my child in the pool and I was able to stretch out in the glorious sun and read a novel as the ocean breezes blew by. The sound of the surf called out my name as I began to drift off to sleep.

ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: A love of reading, an enjoyment of naps, and two cats to pet.

EXPECTED SALARY: Enough to pay for a house cleaner, nanny, chauffeur, personal chef, personal shopper, cable television, occasional library late fees and a lifetime supply of chocolate.
______________________
This post has been a Monday Mission. Monday Mission is currently accepting all resumes from applicants of any position known to man, and some that aren't. Please submit your resume by placing a link to your post... I mean resume... in the widget below.



Also, I am specifically accepting applications for a new left foot. I will happily accept a foot on a temporary assignment as I wait for the current job holder to heal. This whole recovering from having a counterweight dropped on it thing while doing 2 performances a day and getting the house and yard ready for a backyard birthday party? Not going so well. My foot needs some sick leave.


A new month brings new missions!!! The first three were graciously suggested by the lovely De. Your missions for October, should you choose to accept them, are to write posts in the style of:

10/5 - Mambo No. 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mambo_No._5

10/12- a toast (for an occasion of your choice, such as Anniversary, Wedding, New Baby, Birthday, New Home, Death, Curse, Holiday, Health, Love, Men / Husbands, Women / Wives, To Drink Itself... ed. note: if that's not enough to inspire you I don't know what is!)

10/19 - a Tanga or a Nonnet (they are apparently types of poetry. I will have to look them up as well.)

10/26 - an outgoing voicemail message

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oooooo, can I apply, too? It sounds like we both need this life change. ;-)

Cold Spaghetti said...

I'll have what she's having... :-)

PS: Coming to P. Sat at 11:30!!!!!

kayerj said...

Oh a lady of liesure, I could go for that.

Mary Beth said...

I took a few liberties (all right, one major one) but my post is up:)

MARY G said...

Cripes, Maypole, look after that foot! Love the resumé. I linked but Mr L seems to be off applying for your job. Will try again later.

Louise said...

I love this. Those are close to the same summers that qualify me for such a position. (Shift just a few years back.) How lovely it would be. If you find a taker and they have two positions, please refer them to me!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I hope you get it!