Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baring it: Theatre Thursday

I'm still out hiking through the hills, so I will sate your Theatre Thursday lust with these gratuitous photos from backstage at Cabaret. When I auditioned I told the director that I would be comfortable wearing lingerie on stage, but that after giving birth (nearly 2 years prior) no one really wanted to see my bare stretch marked belly.
I'm second from the left. I LOVED those big fishnets, and wish I could find the guts to wear them in real life. Mein Herr. Singing in German and dancing on a chair. Good times.
Money makes the world go 'round. (I'm on the far right)

Oh! That reminds me about how I would practice the songs while driving in the van. The May Queen was about 20 months old, and would ask me to play Money over and over again... she loved the part when the EmCee would make the raspberry sound! She would giggle and giggle and do it herself and giggle some more!

Don't Tell Mama that I posted this picture a few weeks ago when I wrote about understudying.

There were some people from my church at the time... you know, the one my husband was a pastor for... who came to see the show. They were only mildly scandalized. After all, I had already done The Vagina Monologues, and was just getting them warmed up for Angels in America. I didn't bare much flesh in that show, but I did share a stage with a naked man.

(and may I just say that now I am singing "Money makes the PANTS go down, the PANTS go down, the PANTS go down..." Do the PANTS never end??)

16 comments:

Kat said...

Wow. You are brave (and adorable). I can't imagine doing those shows in front of my fellow church goers. ;)

Cold Spaghetti said...

I'm intently curious with thoughts on how your congregation took in the triumvirate of controversial shows? All have historical and political significance -- but do push socially touchy buttons. Did they just sort of take it in, in order to support you, and then shake it off later? Or did it make an impact in the sense of changing how they may think about war, or disease, or sexuality?

And yes.

Money most definitely makes the pants go down.

Chantal said...

that looks like a fun show. I have actually never seen Cabaret. I think I may be missing something!

kayerj said...

you look great!

Woman in a Window said...

You lead a wild and crazy life!
Now, about that naked man...

Jen said...

I love, love, love Cabaret. How much fun that must have been!

Your pictures are fabulous.

Beck said...

Cabaret! That's one of my favorites - I think it would be so MUCH fun to be in it!

Bon said...

i have never seen Cabaret. cabernet, yes. i need to get out more.

i love the photos, and fishnets. yes. i too wish i had the guts to actually wear them. :)

flutter said...

You are just the cutest

Furrow said...

ay caramba! Scandalous! You look hot.

Furrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furrow said...

Sorry about the deleted post. I double clicked.

Run ANC said...

I can't believe you just got that song in my head again! It's taken years!!

That last picture of you is phenomenal.

Louise said...

You are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://umebisepuh.freecities.com/nahipy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://iramugoquv.lookseekpages.com/ydopit.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich