It's been a while since I've done a meme, but the lovely Angela at Memoirs of a Chaotic Mommy must have known I was about to hit a writers slump, because earlier this week she tagged me for one! Not only that, but it's the meme wherein I am supposed to tell you 6 quirky but not particularly interesting things about myself. (isn't this a bit of what I do on this blog all the time? don't answer that) Which is perfect, as I am both quirky and FULL of boring things. And here we go...
1. I have bamboo shoots in my pantry- While cleaning out my kitchen this week I found (in addition to the 7 year old coupon) a wide arrange of food that has been in there far too long - like the canned beets (a gift. I'm passing on to someone else), the chocolate covered pretzels (eating them... why didn't I eat them before?) and the can of bamboo shoots. Bamboo shoots??? there must have been some recipe planned there, but try as I might I can't recall it. But I put them back in the pantry. Because maybe I can google a recipe with bamboo shoots in it? Any suggestions? (this quirk was originally titled "I have a hard time getting rid of stuff", but really, is that all that quirky? Bamboo shoots, on the other hand....)
2. Despite the fact that at home I have a hard time getting rid of stuff, when I was a secretary I kept a very neat and clean office, and whittled down the years and years of excessive files that had been kept.
3. Whilst whittling said files I took all the old papers home to recycle there, since they didn't recycle at the office. (I have also been known to dig aluminum cans out of the trash at church to take home and recycle. This may come in part from being a kid in Michigan, where any can equaled 10 cents, and I earned lots of money for toys and such that way! More states should have such a good recycling program. But that's another topic....)
4. I leave my cell phone on vibrate pretty much all the time, and then leave it in my purse in another room, which is why it's not really a good way to reach me. (For obvious reasons this drives my husband nuts)
5. I really don't like having people call me on my cell phone. I think the cell phone is for MY convenience, not yours. I rarely give out the number for this very reason. And whatever you do, don't call me on the cell phone to chat. (Don't even get me started on people carrying on personal conversations in public places. Or people who will stop mid conversation with you to answer the cell phone all the time)
6. I have a really hard time sleeping unless I have a blanket or at least a sheet touching my cheek. I think this comes from having slept with a security blanket as a child.
(we now return to our regularly scheduled blog programming, in which I tell you one quirky and not so interesting thing about me at a time, but in a longer format...)