In a few hours The May Queen and I will be heading to Atlanta to stay with my aunt and uncle while we wait to see what Hurricane Gustav brings to our area. Right now they are forecasting landfall in central LA, putting us on the "bad side" of the storm. If it stays on track the wind damage should be minimal, but our home may very well flood as waters from the gulf get pushed into Lake Pontchartrain and then northward onto land. We are appx. 2 miles north of the lake (in Katrina, water came up 1/2 a mile here, 4 miles about 15 miles east of us).
The Big Guy is staying here, although he may head a bit further north to higher ground as the storm gets closer.
I'll keep you posted. Hopefully all this fuss is for nothing!