Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Absolut Fierce - the story

When my husband and I married he had 5 cats. Well, technically, BEFORE we got married he had 5 cats. Once we were married WE had 5 cats.

They were great cats, each with their own personalities.

Zachary was a fat, black cat. As long as he had enough food he was happy. If you entered the room he was in he would start purring in anticipation of being petted. If a warm breeze came by he would purr. He slept with all the other kitties (other cats deferred to the strict feline hierarchy in our home) and assumed everyone wanted to pet him. He would be ambling through the house and decide to lie down. Rather than lowering his frame to the ground he would just fall over onto his side (and usually start purring... you were planning on petting him, right?) Zach was the happiest cat I've ever known.

In 1997 we saw a movie called Fierce Creatures. The movie features John Cleese, Kevin Kline and Jamie Lee Curtis (yes, that fabulous trio from A Fish Called Wanda) and is about the staff of a zoo struggling to deal with the changing policies of the zoo directors. One of the things that the zoo directors do is accept corporate sponsorships, and there's a funny bit showing animals with Absolut signs, including a tiger with an "Absolut Fierce" banner.

So it was that I gifted my husband with this framed photo of Zachary.
It was nearly impossible to get a picture. He actually didn't mind having the sign tied to him, but when I would back up to snap the shot he would walk towards me, wanting to be petted. Purring, of course. Fierce.


(Last week I titled a post Absolut Fierce and asked what movie it was from. No one got it. Now you know.)

9 comments:

Rima said...

Absolut cute!

thailandchani said...

That does clarify! :)



~*

Magpie said...

Aw, fierce.

S said...

LOL! That's great. (And it's why I can't get a picture of Oscar. Every time I take out the camera, he wants to investigate it.)

Unknown said...

Cute post -
I came by to see your meme through a post from Laurel Snow... very cute.

Kyla said...

LOL! Cute.

Chrissy said...

That is funny. I've never heard of that movie, but I love that cast. I'll have to rent it.

Aunt Becky said...

HILARIOUS.

Louise said...

I. love. black. cats. Have to remember to lock both of mine up tomorrow night!