Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crying Uncle

OK. I get it. I am not in control.

I move across the country because my husband has the call.

I move into a temporary house, and I weather the storm.

I put in an offer on a short sale, and wait... and wait... and wait... for it to close.

We move in, and work hard to surmount all that Murphy and his damned law throw our way.

I pray and pray and pray that our home in Louisiana will sell.

We finally get and accept an offer. This week.

And then...

Yesterday.

A geiser. In the master bathroom. Flooding through the ceiling down to the living room below.

Water. Everywhere.

A new ceiling. New hardwood? New carpet? New plumbing.

Calls to the insurance company. Trying to answer questions about the catastrophe 1000 miles away.

No idea what's going to happen to the offer... the SIGNED offer PENDING INSPECTION... scheduled to close the end of this month.

I realize that there are people facing worse things. Earthquakes and tsunamis and nuclear disaster, for instance.

But still...

please.


I am waving the white flag.

I am crying uncle.

Enough already.

10 comments:

flutter said...

Oh babe, I am so sorry, this sucks!

Kat said...

Oh no. I am so so sorry.

MARY G said...

Lousy luck. Lousy! I wish I could think of something that would help - I had an offer fall through on asbestos after inspection. We fixed it and the guy took the house, but it was not a fun time.
Sending lots of virtual hugs.

JCK said...

You are allowed. This is a lot. Everything is relative, and this sucks. Sending hugs your way. I hope it sees itself to a happy ending.

alejna said...

Nooo! That is just no good. And not fair! I hope it all gets resolved as quickly as possible, and without making your head explode.

Kyla said...

Oh noooo! It has been quite a challenging year for you!

De said...

That news is totally craptastic!

Hope you get some awesome people on the ground in NOLA to fix it up and make it happen for you.

Jen M. said...

OMG I haven't visited your blog in eons and I was so sad to read this. Hang in there!! Sending good vibes your way that it works itself out and the water damage is taken care of prior to your inspection.

(I saw your comment on Rima's blog and I had to come by - only recently back in the blog land and sooo glad you left a comment there to remind me to come by).

kayerj said...

(((hugs))) Oh, my--what more can possibly happen?

Kaycee said...

From one of my favorite books: "My mom says some days are like that...even in Australia." I hope your next day is better!!