Monday, October 24, 2011

I am the 99%



1% of the population can walk successfully in 6 inch platform heels. The other 99% look clumsy/ scared /ridiculous. If you are in the 1%, and can ROCK those heels, more power to you. But if you cannot walk with confidence and attitude in those shoes, then please, stick to more reasonable shoes. Perhaps with lots of practice and the thumbs up from a trusted friend, you can move up to the elite 1%. But until then just accept that…WE ARE THE 99%


Inspired by a wedding I attended this weekend, where I watched a girl look completely ridiculous trying to walk in her shoes. Not sexy, not classy, not pretty, just RIDICULOUS. Why do people do that to themselves? And why don't their friend speak up?

9 comments:

De said...

I had a height/weight ratio I was theorizing about 6" heels, but drag queens totally threw off the curve.

Magpie said...

I so hear you.

alejna said...

You're so funny. I'm in the 99%, too.

(This reminds me of the story of a friend's daughter. When she was a teenager, there was one night she wore high heels out. She was walking along a city sidewalk with her family, and feeling very grown up and sophisticated and all that...until a homeless man jumped up in front of her saying "please, honey, just wear some shoes you can walk in.")

Kyla said...

Haha! I'm in the 99% for sure. I'd rather do just about anything than wear heels (of any height!).

Creative-Type Dad said...

I think 1% of the population is in the circus, maybe they're all tightrope walkers...?

Christine said...

hahahaha! i am right there with you my friend!

kayerj said...

I'm in the 99%--and proud of it!! Thanks for your kind thoughts today.

Emily said...

I'm in the 99%, for sure!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I am the 99% who will still look completely ridiculous because I BELIEVE one day I will succeed ;-)