An Instruction Manual by Monday Mission Press
All good actors should do their best to keep the dramatics limited to the stage, and away from the dressing and green rooms.
1. The best way to keep the drama on the stage is to refrain from having a "showmance." This is easiest if you already have a relationship with someone outside of the production.
2. If you DO manage to get romantically entangled with another cast mate, limit your public displays of affection (PDAs) to the bar after the show. Under no circumstance should you disappear with a cast mate behind closed doors and reappear, straightening your hair/and or clothes. Also, please be sensitive to the fact that there were probably other single folks in the cast lusting after your recent conquest. Flaunting your inability to keep your hands off of each other makes them mopey and unpleasant, further worsening the experience for everyone forced to stand in the wings together.
3. Never act like you know everything about every topic, even if you are sure you do.
4. Stop complaining about the bad tasting water, and bring your own from home.
5. Keep conversations backstage quiet, or else the audience can hear you! Also... if you've said it once and no one responded, it's likely because they didn't care. There is no need to repeat it louder. Let it go.
6. Acknowledge that not everyone has to be best friends.
7. It is not a good idea to share all the details of your latest fantasy/night with your boyfriend/most recent drinking binge.
8. Don't take everything so personally.
9. No stalking!
10. Don't continually disparage yourself, or everyone else will be forced to agree with you.
11. Apologize when you make a mistake, and praise others when they do well.
12. Leave the outside world OUTSIDE.
This post has been a Monday Mission. This week's mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post in the style of an instruction manual. If you play along please post a link to your instructions in the widget below:
Next week begins a new month, but I am going to take some time off from the missions. I'm not sure if it will last a full month or not. I'll keep you posted. Many thanks to those of you who have been playing along, and they will return, I promise. In the meantime, if you have any ideas for a Monday Mission (what style could we write posts in?) let me know. Maybe your ideas are just what I need to inspire me!